Craft Progress

Recently Mum and I went on a Crafty Adventures cruise. While the craft aboard was great fun, we did come away with some unfinished projects. In fact, my 'purple' Mayan crochet blanket is a crafty cruise project, started with Shelly and probably taking this whole year to finish. I say 'purple' because I didn't have the Bendigo Woolen Mills colour chart at the time of ordering. I ordered Grey Mist thinking it was more grey but it is definitely more purple. Oh well, Simon will have to be content with a Purple cotton blanket for the spring (It will not be done for the Autumn that is for sure!!!)

But, I also did Sewing classes with Paula Storm and I'm not real great at sewing but mum loves English paper piecing so we did the class. I've been making an effort to get these projects finished. And while they are not quite there yet, here is a bit of an update on them.

The first is a bag cover. While we were aboard, I re-gigged the design from what Paula had done. I replaced her star design with what turned out to be clouds and sunshine... So then I followed the inspiration to add some blue sky, some sunsets and some raindrops. It's my "praying for Rain" bag. and even when it doesn't rain, at least, here in the dry desert, there is always a beautiful sunset to end the day. So as you can seem I am up to the final stitching to pretty it up and then attaching it to the bag.. hopefully this weekend... maybe.... if I really focus....
 This is the overall cover. It will wrap around the bag  with the sunny side on one side and the sunset on the other.
And some of the pretty stitching I am doing - couldn't help myself. letting the colours fall where they may :)


The second project is a notebook cover. I am really keen to get this one finished to carry around my home school journal and record book. I have found it impossible to get the papers out of these hexies and so I have decided to leave them in there and just get it sewn on. I sewed a few of the inside ones by machine without the paper, but they've puckered a bit and so I'll just leave them in for the front to make it pretty and very straight :)
 There's a special surprise going in the blank area on the front, it's hiding in the pocket at the moment, but soon it will be sewn on and looking spectacular. 


 Front and back cover

Inside view - pen holder, and 2 pockets to keep treasures we find... 
like leaves, and show tickets to glue in later :)

And my crochet project of the day....
A baby blanket for a dear friend having a wintertime baby. This one is made with Scheepjes Cotton 8, a pattern I've just made up as I went along. I'm really happy with it, but more importantly, baby Mama is happy too :)

So for now, those are my works in progress... or at least the ones I'm physically working on today... 

Have a great day everyone,

Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burke and Wills Expedition and the Paroo River Flowing

Homeschool roundup, crochet progress and lots of water :)

Aren't Holidays the Greatest?!